EXERCISE IS MEDICINE
At Proactive Pilates, our accredited Exercise Physiologists specialise in clinical exercise interventions for a broad range of conditions. They deliver exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries.
All new patients will be provided with a comprehensive consultation which will typically include the following;
- An initial assessment to determine health status, and exercise/physical activity history;
- Consultation on exercise and health goals, and strategies to achieve these goals;
- Physical assessment to determine current physical abilities to enable design of an exercise program;
- Development of an exercise program, clinical or home based, individual or group;
- Reports to referring GP, or nurse/specialist, detailing the patient’s exercise plan and progress; and
- Ongoing assessment to track patient progress and identify changes to the program that need to occur.
Rebates for exercise physiology services are available for eligible patients from Medicare Australia, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Work Cover and a number of private health funds.